Arcus Streaming Account Players
There are two types of players associated with your Arcus streaming account:
- Live Players - Players that connect to the live stream of your Arcus streaming account.
- VOD Players - Players that connect to on-demand content in your Arcus streaming account.
For specific explanations of all the settings available to Arcus streaming account players, see the article "Arcus Streaming Account Players (Live and VOD)" here.
The standalone player is designed for customers who do not have an Arcus streaming account, but have some other streaming account and need a player to playback their live stream. the standalone player can be set to play back either Flash / H.264 live content or Windows Media live content. For Flash / H.264 live content, there are three settings that need to be entered:
- RTMP URL - the URL of the live stream coming from the streaming media server
- HLS URL - (optional) - the URL of the HLS m3u8 playlists for playback on iOS devices and most newer Androids
- RTSP URL - (optional) - the URL of the RTSP stream from the streaming media server for Blackberry and some older Android devices
For specific explanations of all the settings available in the Standalone Player, see the article "Standalone Player Settings" here.