This tutorial will address how to do this using Corel VideoStudio Pro by creating a special Make Movie Template to be used when you export your file.
- Click on the Settings menu and select Make Movie Templates Manager.
- Click New... to create a new template
- Select MPEG-4 Files [*.mp4] from the File format drop down menu
- Enter a name for your template (such as Arcus, DEVOS, or something else you will remember) and click OK
- Click the Compression tab and change the video type to H.264-BASELINE (note that this will automatically change the frame rate setting on the General tab to 30 FPS, which is fine)
- Click the General tab and change the Frame size to 640x480 if your video is in standard screen format (like SDTV) or 640x360 if your video is in widescreen format (like HDTV) (Note: other screen sizes can be used, but these are the ones Discover Video recommends for maximum platform compatibility)
- Optionally (to save a little storage space and bandwidth), you can also change the audio bitrate to 64 kbps
- Click OK to create the new template and verify that the Properties says the following:
24 bits, 640 x 480, 30 fps (or 640 x 360 if video is widescreen format)
H.264 Baseline Profile Video: 1024 Kbps
44100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo
MPEG AAC Audio, 64 Kbps (or 128 Kbps if you opted not to change the audio bitrate
Note that with the Corel VideoStudio Pro software choosing Baseline as the video profile requires a minimum video bitrate of 1024 Kbps. Discover Video normally recommends not encoding videos at a much higher bitrate than this in order to ensure that all viewers on all types of Internet connections can watch the video without difficulty.