- Stream from DEVOS to YouTube
- Stream from DVME to YouTube
- Import live YouTube video to DEVOS (but as a VoD video)
While it is nice that YouTube supports live video, there are many restrictions and reasons why you will find Arcus, DEVOS, and Streamie to be superior in most cases. Here are some "gotchas" about YouTube live:
- You must specify a start and end, and it can take 15 minutes to provision the service. You can't just start a stream anytime you want as you can with Discover Video streaming. After your live YouTube video event is done, your live streaming account is done and you have to set it up again
- You have one live stream per YouTube account, and only if YouTube has enabled it on your account. With Discover Video DEVOS, you have as many live streams as you wish.
- Your live stream duration is limited on YouTube. You cannot stream "forever". You can stream forever with Discover Video, for example to distribute live TV or security cameras.