Adding Users to DEVOS from Active Director in DEVOS 4.9.6 and Later
As of the release of DEVOS version 4.9.6002, the process for adding Active Directory (AD) users has been improved and made significantly more secure. Previously, an AD user could have an account created for them in DEVOS if they are a member of at least one AD group listed in DEVOS when they logged in to DEVOS the first time. Now, when you add an AD group in DEVOS, it will automatically bring in all users in that group and create accounts for them in DEVOS. This means no domain user passwords will need to be stored in the DEVOS database making the system significantly more secure. Groups can be manually synced by system administrators, and the entire system can automatically sync all groups in DEVOS once per hour with a setting that can be turned on or off.
NOTE: Your account must have access to the DEVOS Super Portal as a system administrator in order to manage Active Directory integration or user accounts in DEVOS.
How to Add an Active Directory Group and Its Users to DEVOS
- Click on Active Directory in the Super Portal section of the DEVOS Amin Portal.
- Confirm that your domain is entered into the DEVOS system on the AD Domains tab.
- Click on the AD Groups tab.
- Make sure you have the correct domain selected in the drop down menu (if you have more than one domain), and click the Browse AD Groups button.
- Enter the username and password for the domain. The login does not necessarily need to be to a domain administrator account, but it needs to be able to at least query the LDAP server for a list of groups and users and return the user's username and email address. Then click Verify.
- Once the list of groups has loaded, simply select the group(s) you want to add to DEVOS and set the privileges and the default admin portal for all of the users in the group(s) being added. Once you have selected all the groups to be added and set the settings for users in those groups, click the Add button as shown above to add the groups and all their users to DEVOS.
NOTE: Depending on the number of users and groups in your Active Directory, it could take several minutes for the list of groups to load. If you experience a warning from your browser that the page is not responding and offering buttons to either wait or cancel, simply either wait for it to finish or click the wait button to clear the warning. On most browsers, the warning should clear automatically when the page is done loading completely. A long wait time is also a possibility when adding a large number of groups or groups with a large number of users.
Defining Which Users Can Add Videos to a Channel
By default, the only user who can add videos to a channel is the user that owns the channel. Also, the only videos that can go on that channel are videos that are either owned by the owner of the channel or that are marked as sharable in the media ...
Change a User's Name or Email
Any user can change either their first or last name or their email address in DEVOS as long as that user is a locally registered user in DEVOS and not an account that was created by logging in with Active Directory credentials. If you wish to change ...
Adding Videos Owned by Other Users to a Channel
All assets in DEVOS belong to a specific user account or team share account. This includes videos, images, documents, channels, digital signage, learning paths, group settings, and any other assets added to the system. Because of this, the only ...
Forgotten Password If you forget your password, simply click on the link on the log in screen and enter the email address assigned to your user account. Your username and password will be emailed to that address. If you cannot remember the password, ...