Adding Videos to a Channel from the DEVOS Media Section of the Admin Portal
Until a video is added to a channel, it is considered "unpublished". If the video is unpublished, that means the only way a person can find and watch the video is if they are provided the link to the video page to view it. Once the video has been published to a channel, viewers can find it by navigating to the channel it is published to or searching for the video in the DEVOS search form. Individual videos can be added to one or more channels when they are created or edited on the Advanced tab in Media section on the DEVOS Admin Portal, or multiple videos can be added to a channel in the Manage Channels section of the DEVOS Admin Portal. This article will explain how to add videos from the Manage VOD section.
Note: Only users authorized to add videos to a specific channel can perform this task. For a user to be authorized to add a video to a channel, one of the following must be true:
- The user must own the channel that videos are to be added to, or
- The user must be a member of a Team Share that owns the channel, or
- The user must be a member of a DEVOS Security Group that has been set in the channel settings as a group of users with rights to add or remove videos from that channel.
Follow these steps to add videos to one or more channels:
- Select either Video On-Demand, Encoders, or Live Streams under Media in the Admin Portal depending on the type of video you wish to add.
- To create a new video to add to a channel, select the Create link on the associated page. To add an existing video to channels, select the arrow in the top right corner of the video to be added and select edit.
- On the following page that opens, select the Advanced link to the right of the video title.
- Scroll down to the System Channels section and select any and all channels you wish to add the video to. Click the > arrow to add it to the selected channel(s), or click the >> button to add it to all channels you have access to.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes (or Upload, if it's a new video on-demand being uploaded).
Adding Videos to Channels from Manage Channels in DEVOS
Until a video is added to a channel, it is considered "unpublished". If the video is unpublished, that means the only way a person can find and watch the video is if they are provided the link to the video page to view it. Once the video has been ...
Adding YouTube Videos to DEVOS
Adding YouTube videos is one of the simplest ways to add videos to your content library to be viewed in your DEVOS environment and digital signage devices. There are several advantages to bringing a YouTube video into the DEVOS environment including ...
Uploading Video Files to DEVOS
There are several ways to upload new videos to DEVOS. These include uploading through a webpage upload form, uploading by FTP, or uploading via a special folder created in a Dropbox account linked to a specific user's account in DEVOS. Web Upload ...
Uploading directly to a channel
Sometimes you may wish to upload a video directly to a channel so that it appears only in that channel, complete with title description, and other values. Here is how. Step One Identify the video you wish to upload. Let’s assume it is a file named ...
Setting a Default Channel for User Accounts in DEVOS
The following video will explain the process for setting up a default channel in any user account in DEVOS so that any video that gets uploaded to that account will automatically be assigned to that channel.