DEVOS Email Configuration with Gmail 2-Step Verification
When setting up Email Configuration in DEVOS in order to send email from the system using a Gmail account, it may require a different application password to be created instead of your normal Google login password. This is particularly the case when the Gmail account has 2-Step Verification turned on in the Security settings on the account. In order to use an app password, one must be generated in the Google account. To create this password, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Account and click on Manage Your Google Account.
- Select Security from the Google Account Settings menu.
- Select App Passwords under the Signing in to Google section.
- Google may request confirmation of your identity by asking for your Google password. Enter it to continue.
- Under Select Device, choose Other. Name it something like DEVOS so that you remember what that password is used for.
- Click Generate. A new window will open with the app password highlighted.
- Copy and paste the app password into the password setting in the DEVOS Email Configuration along with your email address in both the System Email and Mail Access Username fields. the SMTP Host and Port number should be entered as shown below.
- Click Save, then click Test Configurations to have a test email sent. If you see the notices as shown above, your system is now set up to send email via your Gmail account.
Using One Account With Multiple Streamsies
Streamsie is licensed by the account on DEVOS or Arcus. This means that you can use the same account with any Streamsie installation (Windows, MacOS, iPhone/iPad) but not at the same time. Allow 5 minutes between using different devices, otherwise ...
DEVOS supports two levels per Active Directory groups. You can add a group/subgroup as Users or Admins. You can have as many groups as desired. Groups must be set up as Universal Groups, not Global Groups. For reference: A Universal Group is a ...
There are two important capacity values: Storage -- how much disk space is available to hold your Video-on-Demand (VoD) files Bandwidth -- how much bandwidth is available to deliver both live and VoD Understanding Storage The amount of storage needed ...
Special Notes About the Always Record Setting for DEVOS Encoders
This note has to do with DEVOS Version 4.9.5007 released in May, 2021 and likely any versions released after this version. All encoders in DEVOS have a setting that allows for a server-side recording to be made whenever the live stream is live. A ...
DEVOS IoT and Samsung Commercial TVs
The following information pertains to Samsung commercial TVs with the following model numbers: DB32E DB40E DB48E DB55E DM32E DM40E DM48E DM55E DM65E DM75E DH40E DH48E DH55E In order to control any of the above TVs from DEVOS, the TV must be ...