It is easy to upload content to DEVOS using the web upload. But did you know you can make a permanent folder on your Windows computer where you can just drag and drop new video files?
Follow these steps
1) Open File Explorer then right-click on your computer name. This is the icon of a computer.
2) Select "Add Network Location", then Next.
3) Select "Choose a custom network location" and Next.
4) Type in "ftp://[your FTP username]:[Your DEVOS password]@[your DEVOS server address]
Your FTP username can be obtained from your profile page. A correct entry might look like this:
5) Enter a convenient name such as "My DEVOS Account", then Next
Congratulations! You now have a shortcut that appears in your file explorer where you can upload videos of any size to your DEVOS account.
More details can be found here.
- Your video title will be the video file name, so if you upload a video "DEVOS is Great.mp4" your title will be "DEVOS is Great".
- The video will disappear from your folder when DEVOS has ingested it.
- You can include a xml file with the same name as the video to set all metadata and to publish it to a channel. See the syntax of the XML in the product manual.
Do not put video the content folder that you will find in your FTP account! This folder is for HTML web pages only.