How To Post A Video Download Link
DEVOS 4 allows you to make a video available for download by viewers if desired.
In many cases you do not want to allow viewers to download a local copy of your video. This may be because of copyright, privacy, or security concerns. It may be because when a video is downloaded you can no longer measure who is viewing it or when. Of you may not want to provide download for any number of other reasons.
On the other hand, many educational institutions want the viewer to have a local copy with a hope that they view it over and over again to learn the subject the video may teach.
You can easily provide download of a Video-on-Demand using any of the following methods:
1) Log in to DEVOS as the owner of the video and select edit. Find the link that says "Download". Right-click on this link and select "Copy Link Address". (Your clipboard now has the URL that points directly to this video).
2) Scroll down to Documents and select "Add New Document". For the Document Title enter "DOWNLOAD [title] (Right-click). Select Document Link and paste in the video URL you saved in step 1 (Right-Click Paste or Control-V).
3) Save the new document link. Select this new document for the video.
This document now appears on your video viewing page as a downloadable video link and the title of the document tells a viewer what to do!
1) Go to Manage Media Settings and create a new setting called "HTML5" or "Allow Download" or any other convenient name.
2) For the setting, check "Play on HTML5 Player"
3) For any video that you wish to allow download, use this HTML5 Media Setting.
HTML5, by definition, allows viewers to save the video file. The viewer simply right-clicks on the video player and selects "Save As".
Note that HTML5 must be supported in the viewers browser. All modern browsers support this including Chrome, IE10 and above, FireFox, Safari, etc.
Also, please note that you can not provide download of a YouTube video unless you have synchronized the YouTube account with DEVOS.
Uploading Video Files to DEVOS
There are several ways to upload new videos to DEVOS. These include uploading through a webpage upload form, uploading by FTP, or uploading via a special folder created in a Dropbox account linked to a specific user's account in DEVOS. Web Upload ...
Video On-demand Question Playlists
Questions can be added to any video on-demand in DEVOS including content served in DEVOS from YouTube or Vimeo. Questions can be either multiple-choice or free-text questions that are embedded in the video and delivered to viewers either as they ...
When you upload a video to DEVOS and you want to replace it after it is published, follow these steps: 1) Log in to DEVOS and select edit of the target video 2) In the upper corner of the edit page, next to the "Download Video (Right-Click and Save ...
Adding Videos to Channels from Manage Channels in DEVOS
Until a video is added to a channel, it is considered "unpublished". If the video is unpublished, that means the only way a person can find and watch the video is if they are provided the link to the video page to view it. Once the video has been ...
Closed Captioning for video on-demand in DEVOS
The term "closed caption" means text that can be displayed in the video player that can be turned on or off by a viewer. Any video on-demand in DEVOS can have closed captions assigned to it that a viewer can choose to display or hide. There are ...