When you upload a video to DEVOS and you want to replace it after it is published, follow these steps:
1) Log in to DEVOS and select edit of the target video
2) In the upper corner of the edit page, next to the "Download Video (Right-Click and Save As)", note the alpha-numeric code. For example: 92b902382bd5
This code is used to identify the video you wish to replace.
3) Find the video you wish to upload as a replacement and rename it using the above code plus ".mp4". For example, rename "myvideo.mp4" to "92b902382bd5.mp4"
5) Use a FTP program and log in to you account. Remember, your FTP username is shown on your profile page and your password is your DEVOS password.
6) Select the folder /content and then the folder /replace (e.g. /content/replace) and upload the new file.
Within a few minutes, the file will disappear from the FTP folder (you may have to refresh your FTP client to see it gone), and the new video has replaced the old.
Note that this action overwrites the old video and after update the old video no longer exists.
FTP from Desktop Folder
It is easy to upload content to DEVOS using the web upload. But did you know you can make a permanent folder on your Windows computer where you can just drag and drop new video files? Follow these steps 1) Open File Explorer then right-click on your ...
How To Post A Video Download Link
DEVOS 4 allows you to make a video available for download by viewers if desired. Background In many cases you do not want to allow viewers to download a local copy of your video. This may be because of copyright, privacy, or security concerns. It ...
Uploading directly to a channel
Sometimes you may wish to upload a video directly to a channel so that it appears only in that channel, complete with title description, and other values. Here is how. Step One Identify the video you wish to upload. Let’s assume it is a file named ...
Video On-demand Question Playlists
Questions can be added to any video on-demand in DEVOS including content served in DEVOS from YouTube or Vimeo. Questions can be either multiple-choice or free-text questions that are embedded in the video and delivered to viewers either as they ...
Uploading Video Files to DEVOS
There are several ways to upload new videos to DEVOS. These include uploading through a webpage upload form, uploading by FTP, or uploading via a special folder created in a Dropbox account linked to a specific user's account in DEVOS. Web Upload ...